Food Connect Colorado will be closing temporarily as of April 30th, 2022.
The last day to shop will be Thursday, April 28th, 2022.
We cannot continue to operate in our current space due to lack of air conditioning and parking. We have been looking for a new location for several months now, but we have been unable to find a suitable space. We will continue looking and hope to find something soon. If you have an appointment scheduled for May and/or June, you will be receiving a cancellation email soon. Please check our Facebook page regularly for updates. If you need information on other sources of free food in the area, we can provide you with a list.
Our Free Food Market is client-choice, where guests can come and shop for their own food!!
We are open
- Thursdays, 10:00 am – 5:30 pm
- The second Saturday of every month, 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- Shoppers may visit the market TWO TIMES per MONTH
If you are experiencing food insecurity, you may be eligible to shop in our free food market TWO TIMES per month. To qualify, you must:
- Live in one of the following zip codes: 80010, 80011, 80012, 80013, 80014, 80015, 80016, 80017, 80018, 80019, 80045, 80239 OR be a student at Community College of Aurora and provide your student ID card
- Provide a photo ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- Provide proof of residency (ONE of the following):
- A CURRENT utility bill (electric, gas, water, cable, etc). The current utility bill MUST include your NAME and a SERVICE ADDRESS
- A lease/mortgage agreement
- A letter from your landlord stating you live at their address
If you are currently unhoused, you may shop without proof of address, but you still must make an appointment.
DUE TO LIMITED PARKING, YOU MUST HAVE AN APPOINTMENT TO SHOP. NO WALK-UPS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
No Call/No Show Policy
There are currently more people who want to shop at our market than we have slots. Shoppers who do not keep their appointment create food waste and prevent other households from being able to shop. Therefore we have a “No Call/No Show” policy for all our guests. If your household needs to cancel an appointment for any reason, you must do so 24 hours in advance of your scheduled time.
To cancel your appointment do one of the following:
- Go to the confirmation email you received when making your appointment and click on the “Cancel or Reschedule” link in the bottom of that email
- Click here to send an email directly to the Food Connect Colorado office requesting to cancel your appointment
If you miss your scheduled appointment without cancelling, it will be considered a “No Show.” If a household accumulates three No Call/No Shows, it may be blocked from making any future appointments at Food Connect Colorado.