By Tami Luhby, CNN (CNN)The US Department of Agriculture is highlighting the difficulty food stamp recipients have in affording healthy meals as it seeks to revise the program’s funding formula. Nearly 9 in 10 participants face barriers to providing themselves and their families with nutritious food, the agency said Wednesday. The most common hurdle, reported by 61% of…Read More
by: Aimee Lewis DENVER (KDVR) — You may have noticed the price of food at your grocery store has gone up over the past year, but it’s not your bread and milk that’s seen a price hike. Statewide, Colorado has seen significant inflation over the past year on all goods, including gasoline and building materials. The price…Read More
- ‘We don’t want your kind of business’: Food pantry organizer says retail landlords thwart needed program
- Aurora food pantry struggles to find space to operate
- Aurora’s free food market temporarily closing due to rising rents, changes in funding.
- Food Connect Colorado will be closing temporarily as of April 30th, 2022
- The Stubborn Persistence of Food Insecurity for American Families