AURORA, Colo. — A free food market that was a lifeline to Aurora residents during the COVID-19 pandemic is temporarily closing its doors. Due in part to rising rents, Food Connect Colorado — a nonprofit associated with Food Bank of the Rockies that runs a free grocery store — will cease operations while the nonprofit…Read More
- ‘We don’t want your kind of business’: Food pantry organizer says retail landlords thwart needed program
- Aurora food pantry struggles to find space to operate
- Aurora’s free food market temporarily closing due to rising rents, changes in funding.
- Food Connect Colorado will be closing temporarily as of April 30th, 2022
- The Stubborn Persistence of Food Insecurity for American Families